MasterSeal M 790 - Two-component highly chemical resistant, crack-bridging protective coating based on Xolutec for waterproofing and protection of concrete structures in harsh conditions
How does MasterSeal M 790 work?
MasterSeal M 790 is a two-component crack-bridging membrane based on Xolutec providing high chemical and mechanical resistance. This is the body-coat of the MasterSeal 7000CR biogenic sulphuric acid resistant coating.
MasterSeal M 790 is used in waterproofing applications where a high level of chemical resistance is required.
- Waste water treatment plants both in the inflow and outflow areas
- Sewage effluent pipelines
- Biogas plants
- Secondary containment
What are the unique features of MasterSeal M 790?
Xolutec is an innovative and smart way of combining complementary chemistries. When the material is mixed on site a cross linked interpenetrating network (IPN) is formed enhancing the overall material properties. By controlling the cross-linking density, the properties of Xolutec can be adjusted depending on the product performance required, e.g. this allows the formulation of materials with varying degrees of toughness and flexibility.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal M 790?
- Easy hand application - by roller or trowel
- Continuous protective coating - monolithic no laps, welds or seams
- Excellent chemical resistance – including high concentrations of biogenic sulphuric acid
- Waterproof - resistant to standing water
- Fully bonded to substrate - can be applied to a wide range of substrates with the appropriate primer
- Moisture tolerant - can be applied on substrates with high residual humidity
- High water vapour permeability - low risk of blistering
- High resistance to carbon dioxide diffusion - protects concrete from reinforcing steel corrosion
- High tear, abrasion and impact resistance - withstands traffic and use in areas exposed to mechanical damages
- Crack bridging - tough but flexible
- High durability - reduced cracking tendency due to no long-term embrittlement
- Thermoset - does not soften at high temperatures
- Excellent adhesion - on different substrates (concrete, steel)
- Weatherproof - proven thundershower and freeze / thaw resistance, can be applied outdoors without additional top coating