MasterSeal 909 - Re-injectable hose system for construction joints in concrete
How does MasterSeal 909 work?
MasterSeal 909 is an advanced injection hose system for installation in construction joints, ready for subsequent injection of cementitious or polymeric compounds to ensure watertightness.
It is not affected by low temperature and immersion in water.
MasterSeal 909 is recommended for use in construction joints in all structures, which need to be injected to waterproof them, such as:
- Water retaining structures
- Tunnels and basements
- Buildings, bridge decks and other similar structures
MasterSeal 909 is not recommended for use in expansion joints and in areas prone to significant settlements.
What are the unique features of MasterSeal 909?
Installation allows testing for water leaks – pre-injection with water shows areas of leakage and avoids unnecessary injection.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 909?
- Hose is re-injectable – permits re-injection if leakage persists or reappears at a later date.
- Neoprene strips act as “one way valves” (fig 2) – prevents injection material from returning even under back pressure allowing for the hose to be cleaned and ready for later use.
- Solid inner core – does not collapse under concrete pressure and allows smooth flow of injected material.
- Chemically inert – does not deteriorate even if exposed to such injection materials as polyurethanes, vinyls esters, epoxies and cements.
- Flexible – easy installation at corners without cutting and jointing.