MasterSeal 501 - Deep penetrative, reactive, capillary waterproofing system for concrete and mortar
How does MasterSeal 501 work?
MasterSeal 501, MasterSeal 502 and MasterLife 300D are components of BASF’s crystalline capillary waterproofing system. These products contain specialist additives that play the role of the catalyst in the formation of water-insoluble crystalline micro-structures deep within the capillaries and interstices of cementitious matrix of concrete and mortars.
MasterSeal 501, is the most concentrated form of the surface applied BASF crystalline waterproofing system and contains the maximum amount of specialist catalysts. MasterSeal 501 can be used as a coating or dry shake.
MasterSeal 502 is a crystalline re-profiling render, which can be used in conjunction with MasterSeal 501 for patch repairs and as render on old concrete surface.
- Water tanks, reservoirs
- Building basements and foundations
- Swimming pools and water parks
- Sewage and water treatment plants
- Dams, canals, tunnels, harbours
- Retaining walls and sea defense walls
- Concrete pipes
What are the unique features of MasterSeal 501?
As the crystalline capillary waterproofing system enables effective pore sealing it does not rely on film formation on the surface and is not affected by the negative hydrostatic pressure. The system is equally effective against positive and negative water pressure or osmotic pressure.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 501?
- Imparts integral water tightness – crystal growth blocks pores and path for water ingress
- Protects from waterborne contaminants – stops contamination of concrete with sulphates and chlorides
- Permanently active – crystalline action is reactivated by contact with water