MasterSeal 540 - Cementitious acrylic waterproofing membrane
How does MasterSeal 540 work?
MasterSeal 540 is a two component flexible cementitious waterproof membrane ideal for use under tiles. MasterSeal 540 is designed to be used as an effective waterproofing membrane under tiles on a variety of substrates.
MasterSeal 540 is designed to be used as an effective waterproofing membrane under tiles on a variety of substrates. Applications include:
- Terraces and balconies
- Internal and external laundries
- Commercial kitchens
- Other incidental internal wet areas
- Suitable as a membrane for lining concrete tanks to be used for potable water
- Suitable for collection tanks for grey water
- MasterSeal 540 meets the requirements of:
• AS3740:2010 Waterproofing of Wet Areas Within Residential Buildings
• AS 4020:2002 Suitable to be in contact with Potable water
What are the unique features of MasterSeal 540?
MasterSeal 540 provides toughness and tensile strength through integral fibre reinforcement. Advanced acrylic polymers combined with cements and special fine fillers achieve an excellent flexible waterproof membrane barrier particularly suited for under tile applications.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 540?
- Polymer modified – improved bond strength on substrates such as concrete, wallboard, cement sheeting, masonry and plywood
- Permeable to water vapours – allows surface to breathe, preventing buildup of moisture in structure, reducing maintenance
- Flexible – can withstand moderate movement of hairline cracks. Bridges cracks up to 1mm in width, reducing maintenance
- Flexible to minus 5°C – suitable for use at low temperatures
- Brushable consistency – easily applied by brush or spray
- Non-toxic – can be applied onto surfaces in contact with drinking water