MasterRoc MF 506 - polymer admixture for improving cementitious mining backfill
How does MasterRoc MF 506 work?
MasterRoc MF 506 is a liquid admixture for making better, more uniform and more predictable higher quality cementitious backfill mixes. It retards the setting time to facilitate transportation, pumping, placing and curing.
MasterRoc MF 506 is admixture is recommended for use in all type of cementitious mining backfill applications where retardation of set and improved performance (particularly improved pumpability and strength) are required or desired.
What makes MasterRoc MF 506 a unique solution?
MasterRoc MF 506 improves the pumpability of the backfill mix and provides some retardation and strength gain by reducing the water content for a given rheology. When used in conjunction with another admixture each admixture must be dispensed separately into the mix.
What are the benefits of MasterRoc MF 506?
MasterRoc MF 506 admixture aids in the production of backfill mixes with these special qualities.
- Mild to extended retardation - depending on dosage
- Greater pumpability with superior rheology
- Reduced water content for a given consistency
- Increased strength – compressive & flexural
- Greater economy in a mix designed for a given strength, slump and air content
- Minimum cracking
- Easier placement - economy in placement
- Greater durability
- Cost savings. Using MasterRoc MF 506 admixture can enable cost reductions per m³ of fill due to binder reduction for similar final strengths
- Reduced segregation of materials, particularly in lean mixes and high slump
- More efficient scheduling, faster construction and earlier occupancy
- Potential energy savings in steam cured concrete by reducing curing temperatures and/or steaming time necessary to reach desired transfer strengths