MasterProtect 160 - Architectural anti-carbonation acrylic coating
How does MasterProtect 160 work?
MasterProtect 160 is a tough high grade, solvent free, single component; acrylic based product for the protection of concrete, mortar, masonry, natural stone and wood against aggressive environmental attack. MasterProtect 160 also achieves high aesthetics for quality structures.
MasterProtect 160 is used for the protection of concrete facades, walls, bridge parapets, balconies, columns, beams etc against carbonation of concrete. It is used as part of the BASF concrete repair system.
MasterProtect 160 is recommended where architectural or decorative finishes are required.
What are the unique features of MasterProtect 160?
MasterProtect 160 has excellent wetting and penetrating properties and adheres well on absorbent substrates.
What are the benefits of MasterProtect 160?
- Long life - UV resistant
- Barrier to water ingress - waterproof and weatherproof
- Allows structure to breathe - permeable to water vapour
- Keeps appearance for many years - dirt repellant
- Available in many colours – decorative
- Anti-carbonation coating - high CO2 – and SO2 diffusion resistance which provides protection for the concrete substrate from carbonation of the concrete
- Excellent wetting and penetrating properties – no need for separate primer adheres well on absorbent substrates
- MasterProtect 160 is compatible with Hydrophobing materials - MasterProtect 355, and MasterProtect H 1100 can be used as a hydrophobic priming and protection system