MasterPozzolith 55R - Plasticising and water reducing admixture with set retarding properties
How does MasterPozzolith 55R work?
Is a powerful plasticiser which disperses and deflocculates cement particles while delaying the hydration process, thereby retarding the initial and final set. MasterPozzolith 55R should be added to the concrete mix at the same time as the water, or the aggregates.
- Hot weather concrete where control of initial and final set is important
- White cement concrete
- Mass concrete e.g. roller compacted
- Concrete for dams / pavements
- High strength mixes, to control set of concrete particularly in high ambient temperatures
- Retarded mortar applications
What makes MasterPozzolith 55R unique solution?
MasterPozzolith 55R improves dispersion of cement particles in concrete resulting in strength increases and reduction of free water.
What are the benefits of MasterPozzolith 55R?
- Increases compressive, tensile and flexural strength of concrete.
- Increases density of concrete reducing permeability and thus increasing durability.
- Allows a reduction in free water in the region of 8-12%.
- Highly effective in high cement content low water cement ratio mixes where its use enables concrete to be made more workable without loss in strength, density and durability.
- Enables controlled extension of initial and final set in numerous applications, such as structural in-situ concrete, RCC mass pours, piling concrete etc
- The retarding action allows continuous concrete pours to be made, thus reducing the number of construction joints needed.
- The strength gain of concrete containing MasterPozzolith 55R is enhanced. After retardation of initial and final set, a more rapid hardening of the concrete occurs, and the effect on stripping time is negligible.
Product Information & Safety Data Sheet
MasterPozzolith 55R Technical Data Sheet
MasterPozzolith 55R Safety Data Sheet Australia