MasterPolyheed 8191 - New generation robust Poly Carboxylate Ether (PCE) based water reducing and set-retarding admixture
How does MasterPolyheed 8191 work?
MasterPolyheed 8191 is a robust and economical water reducing and set-retarding admixture based on a specially formulated modification of the latest polycarboxylate ether chemistry from BASF. The product has been primarily developed for all types of normal and specialty concrete classes in the premix, precast and in situ concrete within the target slumps up to 120 mm, providing workable and cohesive mixes with less water.
MasterPolyheed 8191 is recommended under high temperature for:
- All types of concrete where a non-chloride water reducing admixture is required. eg. - foundations, slabs, driveways, floor slabs, etc
- Applications where good rheology, easier screening and finishing are required for pumped and conventionally placed concrete
- A combination of water reduction and workability in concrete mixes
What makes MasterPolyheed 8191 a unique solution?
MasterPolyheed 8191 has been specifically developed to enhance overall optimum performance in terms of water reduction, slump retention, compressive strengths & superior mix rheology, while maintaining control on extension of set retardation under high temperature condition. MasterPolyheed 8191 is ideally “robust” in lean concrete mixes and in concrete that uses manufactured sand and recycled materials.
What are the benefits of MasterPolyheed 8191?
- Efficient dispersion of binders in ordinary concrete mixes
- Improved workability retention at higher temperatures
- Improved pump operating pressures
- Greater cohesion control of lean mixes
- Normal setting characteristics under cool conditions (i.e. winter in combination with accelerators) allowing earlier finishing of slabs
- Reduced water content for a given workability