MasterPolyheed 8840 - Mid-range water reducer with superior pumping and finishing
Available in New Zealand only
How does MasterPolyheed 8840 work?
MasterPolyheed 8840 is a multi-component, non-chloride, mid-range water reducing admixture designed to improve the performance of concrete both in the plastic and hardened states. MasterPolyheed 8840 meets and exceeds the requirements of AS1478 Type MWR.
- All types of concrete where a non-chloride water reducing admixture is required, especially in the mid-range slump band (100-150mm)
- Improving the performance of pumped concrete, shotcrete and conventionally placed concrete
- Improving the performance of plain, reinforced, precast, light weight or standard weight concrete
- Use in white or coloured concrete
- Use in architectural concrete, especially where off-form and/or surface finish is critical
- Use in concrete containing harsh aggregates and/or manufactured sands
What are the unique features of MasterPolyheed 8840?
MasterPolyheed 8840 is a versatile admixture able to produce mid-range slumps without retardation. Its formulation contains materials able to improve the concrete’s workability and finishability.
What are the benefits of MasterPolyheed 8840?
In the plastic state:
- normal setting characteristics throughout the recommended dose range
- reduced segregation, particularly in lean mixes and mid slump concrete
- improved workability
- improved pumpability
- reduced water content for a given workability
- enhanced finishability, especially for concrete with manufactured or harsh aggregates
In the hardened concrete:
- no added chlorides, conforms to the most stringent chloride ion limits including AS3600 concrete structures code, will not initiate or promote the corrosion of reinforcing steel
- increased strength – compressive, flexural and bond (concrete to steel)
- superior finished appearance
- increased density and durability
- reduced permeability – improved watertightness
- reduced cracking