MasterMatrix 220 - Rheology modifying additive for concrete & shotcrete
How does MasterMatrix 220 work?
MasterMatrix 220 is an innovative additive that modifies rheology in a wide variety of concrete products and cement based applications. MasterMatrix 220 is an ultra-fine mineral based powder containing bundles of sub-micron particles.
MasterMatrix 220 is recommended for use in a variety of applications requiring rheology modification and control such as:
- Tremie concrete for piles & diaphragm walls
- Super Workable Concrete & Self Compacting Concrete
- Precast concrete
- Manufactured concrete products (blocks, pavers & retaining walls)
- Underwater concrete
- Mortar and grouts
- Geopolymer concrete
What makes MasterMatrix 220 a unique solution?
When well dispersed in wet cementitious materials, the particles interact to form a network that entraps liquid and smaller cementitious particles and keeps larger particles suspended.
What are the benefits of MasterMatrix 220?
- Provides control of bleed water
- Reduces potential for segregation
- Improves paste quality, cohesion & rheology
- Imparts some anti-washout properties
- Improves pumpability of concrete & grouts
- Reduces shotcrete rebound
- Improves surface consolidation & finish
MasterMatrix 220 may affect water content, target slump and admixture dosage, depending upon temperature and their proportions. Lab and field trials should be conducted to achieve desired performance.