MasterFinish 222 - General purpose form release agent
How does MasterFinish 222 work?
MasterFinish 222 is a low viscosity, chemical release agent for all types of concrete formwork.
- Use on all types of formwork to enable clean stripping of forms and provide excellent architectural finishes.
- Use in all concrete construction whether "in situ", precast or prestressed.
- Application to wheelbarrows, trowels, buckets and other construction tools to facilitate cleaning and provide temporary protection against rusting.
- Application to metal window and door frames to prevent adhesion of cement and mortar splashes during construction
What makes MasterFinish 222 a unique solution?
MasterFinish 222 reacts with the alkalis and water at the interface of the concrete and formwork to produce a thin film of lime soap which breaks the bond enabling the formwork to be readily stripped.
What are the benefits of MasterFinish 222?
- No discolouration or blotchiness, provides stain-free, "off-form" architectural concrete finishes.
- High coverage rate MasterFinish 222 is economical to use.
- Suitable for use with normal, off-white and coloured concrete.
- Leaves no residue on concrete finish.
- Excellent "off-form" finish - produces a clear reproduction of formwork texture and sharp concrete features.
- Reduces the incidence of air pockets and tendency of surface spalling at corners.
- Will not impair the bond of subsequent applications of paint, render or tiles.
- Preserves and waterproofs timber forms and inhibits rusting of steel forms in use or storage.
- Protects aluminium windows and door frames from plaster and mortar splashes.
- Easy to use, requires no mixing on site.
Product Information & Safety Data Sheet
MasterFinish 222 Technical Data Sheet
MasterFinish 222 Safety Data Sheet Australia
MasterFinish 222 Safety Data Sheet New Zealand