MasterFiber 141 - Polypropylene fibre for reinforcement in sprayed concrete and cast concrete applications as alternative and/or supplement to existing concrete reinforcement products
How does MasterFiber 141 work?
MasterFiber 141 is a fibre extruded from polyolefine polymers and formed into a embossed fibre that can be used in concrete mixes for both spray and cast in-situ applications. The inclusion of fibres in a concrete mix will contribute to improving the durability of concrete by increased crack propagation resistance and by its energy absorption characteristics. The fibres will disperse uniformly throughout the concrete mix and effectively act as an anchoring mechanism within the cement matrix thereby improving the toughness and ductility of the material.
- Wet shotcrete applications in tunnelling or mining applications
- Any subsurface construction
- Any structure where impact toughness shall be increased
What are the unique features of MasterFiber 141?
MasterFiber 141 can maximize concrete service life by providing superior resistance to attack from damaging environmental elements such as water, chlorides and corrosive environments such as sewerage conduits and/or saline water.
What are the benefits of MasterFiber 141?
- Easy to dose either at the batch plant or on site concrete mixer truck prior to application
- Only minor impact on flow & slump properties of fresh concrete
- High resistance to acid/alkalis attack suitable for use in wet underground conditions and subsurface constructions exposed to damp conditions
- Reduces construction time compared to a solution with conventional reinforcement